Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. The office has been published extensively, has received many awards, and was recently included in Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard 2015. We are currently working on: a campus archive library, a high-end retail project in Manhattan, a major educational commission, and have been shortlisted for a major cultural project in Asia.
Kenneth Namkung, M.Arch '03 is active in alumni affairs and is a Senior Associate at Studio Link-Arc. We are looking for talented architecture students to join our team for the summer.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Exceptional modelmaking and fabrication skills
- Exceptional design skills
- Expertise in modeling/rendering programs including Rhino, 3DStudio Max and Maya
- Expertise in 2D presentation and drafting software including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of scripting programs, such as Python, Grasshopper, and Rhinoscript is a plus
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- The ability to work well within a fast-paced team environment
Please email cover letter, resume, and work samples in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "MITArchA Job Posting: Summer Intern" in the subject line of your email to ensure that it will be noticed. Submissions should be no larger than 10MB.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Kenneth Namkung, Senior Associate, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and CVs can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.